Saturday, August 14, 2010

PUJYA Shri MOTA


Thought of the day !

Hari OM
The Miracle Photograph.

I travel to India in 1992, for a vacation, my preferred leisure to visit pilgrimage surroundings.

This occasion confine to Gujarat. Journeyed for a week made prior arrangements of the destinations I was going to tour.

Visited a few Gurus the Shirdi Sai Mandir in Chauta Bazaar Surat.

On my way to Bombay popped in to Kishorebhai's home Kacholi, 20 km from station Bilimora. Kishore lived his life by noble ethics of Satyagraha. Dedicated his life establishing and teaching at a deaf school to his retirement.

I enjoy Kishorebhai's relationship; we spend our moment's speaking about the history of India and Saint and Sages. During our conversation spoke about numerous Gurus and he listens with much interest.

He remarks you should visit Pujya Shri Mota's ashram. His utterance Shri Mota instantly experienced and incredible aura of peace. Asked him where is His ashram, replied Surat. Incidentally arrived from Surat to his home.

We converse about Mota as the conversation progressed discover Shri Mota had taken Samadi. However, enquired if he had a photograph of MOTA. Kishore had a book in Gujarati but no photograph.

Returning home after a week, sharing stories of the Guru's with my late Mum, mention Mota's name if she heard of Him, nope was the answer.

For the next year constantly repeated Shri MOTA'S name to my Mums laughter. I wonder what He may look like ?  My next trip to India will have darshan of his samadi.

Spring of 1993 a Saturday afternoon, Mum visit her friend Hansaben and Navin down the road from where we lived. I decided to clean my bookcase, recollect taking out 79 books many photographs either to throw away or for distribution.

One photograph in particular, placing with those to be thrown away, decided to have a close view as I don't recollect its presence in our home. The photograph had and inscription of Shri MOTA in Gujarati, was literally frozen how is this possible.

Waited for Mum to arrive from her friend, shared the story with Her, queried if she had seen this photograph. She was astounded, recollect Mum sat on the Lazy-Boy and stared the photograph for a long period.

Next few months we glimpsed the photograph regularly. The question why a towering SAGE became a guest in our modest home remains a mystery ? 
How did the photo arrive your guess is as good as mine.

1994 I travel to India to visit a few Gurus and in particular Motas Ashram in Surat. Arrived to a serene and deserted Hari OM Ashram. Walked to the little office stood at the door, noticed a middle aged gentleman perusing the newspaper.

Standing at the door for five minutes hoping my small presence would captivate His attention. However, he picked up His head looked at me, then continued reading the paper for another 5 minutes.

I was getting annoyed but decided to endure His painless hospitality and display my African humility.

Lo !
He finally gets up from His chair asks me what do I want explained to Him came for darshan. He says loudly nobody comes to this ashram, the last time somebody was here it must have been six months ago to my surprise.

You only come to this Ashram by Mota's grace, His omnipresent. Eventually asks me where did I come from, He was amazed when stating South Africa.

I share my story with Him being captivated decides to give me a tour of the ashram.

The Seva-Dal gave me prasad Mota's photographs and a book. Mota was great thinker humanitarian advised his devotees not to construct any Murtis of Him after samadi, instead build schools.

Mota demonstrated the separation of the soul from body by His free will and illustrious Tapasaya.
Rang Avaduth Bapji of Nareshwar and Shri Mota were intimate friends.
Hari OM -- Pujya Shri Mota Ki Jai

1998 I came across and on-line article -- Sathya SAI Baba’s Sanathan Sarati of 1976 reports great Sage of Gujarat takes Samadi Shri MOTA.
(this clarify the mystery for me).


Photograph Insert:


Pujya Pad Keshvanandaji Dadaji
Balyogiraj
Shri MOTA