Saturday, August 16, 2008

max Parshotam - My Essay

Thought of the day !

A pen to my friends 

To my Dot-Com colleagues since 1997

I felt honored when Nita L. Belouef (PHD) U.S. called me to inquire about my background. She was interested in my academic achievements and asked where I graduated. Truth Nita, I am a drop out from school. She complimented me on my revelation and field of study and said she was impressed by my résumé 😊

This essay emits some light on my interest in yoga, philosophy, spirituality, astrology, palmistry, numerology, science of breathing and reiki. Have a keen interest on the works Prophet Mohammed (pbh) Sufism, Mansoor Al Hajaj (Iran) Hazarat Rabia, Judiasm Rebbe Schneerson - Kabbala, Christian Science's and African spirituality etc...

Spirituality infused in me during my mother's period of gestation. My philosophical intellect, global interest developed and nurtured by my late dad.  As an African Indian, I learned to appreciate the commonalities and differences between two vibrant cultures travelling across India.

The journey: 
My karmic journey began with certain historical events that sparked my quest for the esoteric science. I hope this sheds light on the numerous inquiries I've received.

The terms 'Meditation', 'Yoga', and 'Kundalini Dhyan' have been prevalent for the last 100 years, gaining prominence in the sixties. The world-renowned band from Liverpool, England - The Beatles, catapulted these disciplines to global fame, by popularising the mantra 'Hare Rama Hare Krishna'.

Their association with Maharishi Mahesh Yogi marked the beginning of his distinguished career, a prime student of Sat Guru Brahmananda Sarasvati. The era of heavy metal music and hippie age fuelled my pursuit in the esoteric science

Swami Bramananda Sarasvati's presence was profoundly influential. His visage bore the mark of an ancient Rishi, echoing eternal wisdom in our times. True Gurus are a scarce commodity; Bramananda Sarasvati belonged to that noble lineage, a true jewel and a rare find. His mastery in venerating the Sri Yantra and channelling his spiritual energies towards the supreme aim was unparalleled. Guru Maharaj's luminosity was evident; he lived a life untouched by earthly temptations.

Across the Atlantic, Srila Prabhupada embarked on a journey from Calcutta to Manhattan's shores. New Yorkers, known for indulging in Nathan's famous hot-dogs on Broadway, found themselves exploring a new pastime—chanting the sacred names of Shri Krishna.

My intrigue with the West intensified, admiring their capacity to revive ancient Indian traditions with theatrical flair in a contemporary era.

The "white man" played a pivotal role in bringing Indian philosophy and spiritual sciences out into the open for all of humanity to cherish.

Amidst the era of long hair, bell-bottoms, and marijuana, yoga emerged as an innovative approach to self-discovery. The quest to comprehend creation took on new vigor, piecing together the grand cosmic puzzle.

The United States and Great Britain entered a fervent quest to identify both the worst and best Gurus. Numerous books on Godly men from India have been published over four decades. 'Autobiography of a Yogi' endearingly remains the strawberry-and-cream of my 1970 memories.

The Aquarian age witnessed the rise of counterfeit Gurus promoting a diluted form of spirituality. The booming self-improvement industry continued to embrace these exotic spiritual guides, catering to a vast clientele. The Spiritual Bazaar, it seems, never runs out of patrons.

The seventies marked an epoch for me to venture into unknown realms. It was then that I began the process of internal distillation amidst fervent enthusiasm, realigning countless cells within my being—a transformation oddly sustained by pizza and veg biryani.

Sai's advent to our humble abode further cemented the natural bond our family shares with His divine legacy. My late mother was the one who first introduced us to the worship of Shirdi Sai, and from there, our journey has been nothing short of enquiry. As a simple devotee, I've walked this path under the guidance of Guruji, filled with awe and gratitude. We are forever indebted to Bhagwan for His love and blessings.

In my possession, I hold a treasure from 1975 - a Sathya Sai Vinyl L.P recorded in Mauritius. It's a piece of history that connects me to the divine melodies of the past.

My quest for knowledge is unending, akin to an eternal seeker's journey. At 7:38 p.m., in front of my 486 p.c., I ponder if this pursuit will ever cease. Yet, such queries are as clear as a cloudless sky for me.

May this glimpse into my thoughts offer my colleagues a virtual window into my intricate mind. 

With all my heart, I extend my wishes of love to you.

Sathya SAI is omnipresent !

max

Photograph Insert :

Aum