Sunday, August 17, 2008

House of GOD 1985 / Maha Avatar Babaji



Thought of the day !

Every devotee carries a unique narrative of their divine relation with SAI. My own serendipitous encounter began in an era marked by segregation.

Johannesburg in 1975 was a beacon of vibrant social life. The Blue Venus club on Marshall Street and the innovative club Tomorrow, with its rotating dance floor, were the city's nightlife jewels.

The opening of club New York City to a diverse clientele marked a progressive shift. The music scene was electric, fueled by hits like 'Fly Robin Fly' by Silver Convention and 'Have You Seen Her' by the Chi-Lites, alongside the timeless tracks from Tamla Motown that defined the U.S. of the seventies.

These establishments weren't just clubs; they were sanctuaries where music transcended barriers, and the simple yet delectable toast cheese and tomato became a symbol of shared experiences. Here, amidst the rhythm and unity, my path crossed with SAI, an inadvertent yet profound acquaintance that shaped my journey.

1975
Mum purchased L.P of Satya Sai Baba from Moosie's cycle store in thirteen street Actonville South Africa

First encounter with the Avatar's photograph on the L.P. - laughed, noting Afro of Satya Sai Baba. Found the cover humorous contended with my mum, that ain't Sai Baba, knowing we had a photograph of Shirdi Sai.

I began enjoying Baba's L.P. was not modest in emulating the Avatar. Decided to grow an Afro. Nonetheless, must concede had no knowledge about Sathya SAI Baba. I was a kid of seventies, greatest era in world history, life was a song and dance for me.

Be as it may the L.P. is in my possession listen it loudly as I can.

1976
Few devotees congregate for Sai service in the shabby little Maha - Sabha  Actonville down the road from where I reside. Rajesh, Dan, few Durban-Nites, myself sang the Lords glory loudly, in the make shift mandir that boasted broken windows.

In 1988 we move to Sivan Alayam amalgamating with uncle Robert Pillay. Their are two versions of the relocation Uncle Robert or Dr.Singh organised the move.
(Rajesh Ramdass informed me of the relocation)
Uncle Robert passed on, August 2006 - Ganesh Chaturthi

Puttaparthi being the host village to the Present Avatar - Prashanti Nilayam being the nucleus for Prema, enveloping our universe.

This tiny hamlet once barren land eighty years ago and probably 60 inhabitants becomes the epicentre for Sai - Peace and Light.

Sai's energy fields congregate a few devotees, from southern state of Andra Pradesh India, to southern tip of Africa. Bhagwan's magnetic aura, spreads around the globe, promoting Earth Peace through Self-Peace.

Seva is synonymous with this institution, foundation of Baba's life's teachings are shaped upon.

In the Sai Organisation it's common knowledge devotees write letters to Bhagwan. I want to assure you Baba reads every letter.

My letter of 1980.
Dearest Bhagwan,

Koti Koti Na Pranams at your divine lotus feet. I read the book Auto Biography of a Yogi by Paramhansa Yogananda in 1970, fascinated by the content in my miniature intelligence. The pages on the life of Maha-Avatar Babaji are captivating, though He lives in an Astral body. Babaji grants darshan at will to selected devotees materialising His body. Bhagwan can you please materialise a photograph of Maha-Avatar Babaji and post it to me.

Sadly never heard from the Avatar though never lost faith in Baba. 1985  went for a holiday to India. Sunday afternoon in Bombay, casually uttered to my cousin would like travel to Bangalore and Mysore gardens. Bupendra said you wont get a flight should wait until Monday.

Tested my fortunes went to Indian airlines Sunday morning flew the evening to Banglore. Friendly elderly Goanese lady on flight befriended me, chatted until the plane landed. Her wonderful family drove me to my hotel. Inquired about Baba in the Hotel, the evening a Mohammedan taxi driver was arranged to journey me to Prashanti. He was a smooth soul.

Often wonder where you are may Baba be your guiding light.
Arrived on Shivratri day in Prashanti had no clue it was Shivratri.

I was scared, never seen so many people in my life. My first thoughts where would I sleep and keep my luggage.

Indeed you should be concerned about your material possession and comforts. Asked the taxi driver if He knew of a Hotel showed me Sathya Sai Towers. Went in was told a room would be available in 15 minutes, probably the only accommodation in Puttaparthi that day, I was comforted.

Checked in had a bath walked in to Prashanti house of GOD, amongst  hundreds of thousands of Indians that arrived from far a wide for the celebrations. Shivratri that year was celebrated in the Poorna Chandra hall. I stood in the queue with westerners mainly white folk.

We were packed like tin sardines in the hall from 3 p.m. I was surrounded by many eastern Europeans, English and American devotees. In front of me a German devotee turned around speaking to the gentleman on my right about Maha - Avatar Babaji and Paramhansa Yogananda. My ears could not contain my intrusion on the conversation. The gentleman lived 10 days in the Himalayas home of the great masters.

He was from Germany had the fortune of encountering Maha Avatar Babaji. He photograph the deathless SAGE, developed the film before arriving to Prashanti.

As the conversation progressed he mentioned to the gentleman I would show you Maha - Avatar Babaji's photograph.

I was literally frozen, was given the photograph to view, black and white reminded me of the traditional concept of Jesus. Instantly recollect my 1980 letter, could this be the possible, Bhagwan answering my letter in this unique way. Darshan of deathless Babaji in the house of God - Maha - Shivratri day.

Maha – Avatar Babaji confirmed  Avatars presence on the planet, resurrection of Sanathan Dharma.

Babaji refused to reveal to his disciples any limiting facts about his birthplace. His living for centuries amid the Himalayan snows. Babaji gave birth to science of Kriya Yoga. Paramhansa Yogananda popularised the science in the west.

I stare at Baba's photograph, gaze into His sparkling eyes, in a crowd of 100 thousand, arranged my seating next to this individual. I've been reflecting on this encounter with the passage of time.

Baba displayed similar miracles in Sept. 2007 and March 2008, encounters were mind-boggling.

Sage Venka Avduta  prayed for Bhagwan's arrival because of man's decline. Venka-Avaduta's sanjeevan samadi is in a village Hussainpura 60 k. M from Parthi.

Sathya SAI is omnipresent !

max

Photograph Insert :

Bhagwan
Ambe MA
Maha Avatar Babaji